Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato
Perfectly cooked sweet potato stuffed with rich and savory coconut chickpea spinach curry.
I haven't been cooking or blogging for a while, and I don't know how people find motivation to cook after work. Between free waffles and fruit at work, my breakfasts are set. Lunches and dinners have been pancakes, pancakes, pancakes, and sometimes cereal, so I basically eat breakfast 3 meals a day.
On the rare occasions when I decide to cook real people food, I stick to coconut milk based curries. I'm a huge fan of Trader Joe's coconut cream because it automatically makes any stew much more delicious. Vegan stuffed sweet potato is basically a deconstructed version of coconut sweet potato curry with chickpeas and spinach. Nuking the sweet potato makes things come together much faster.
The recipe cheats a bit and assumes that you already have coconut chickpea spinach curry on hand. If you don't, you can cook the curry at the same time as the sweet potato, and dinner will be ready in about 30 minutes total. If you want step by step photos for cooking the sweet potato, you can see this post on peanut butter sweet potato.
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 cup of coconut chickpea spinach curry
- Wash the sweet potato. Stab the sweet potato with a knife.
- Put the sweet potato into a large microwaveable bowl, and add about a centimeter of water.
- Microwave for 8-10 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Carefully remove the sweet potato. Rinse with cool water.
- Cut the sweet potato. Stuff with curry and serve immediately.
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge for a few days.
Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato Nutrition
|Amount Per Serving|
% Daily Value
Total Fat 34.0g
Saturated Fat 22.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 43.2g
Dietary Fiber 13.0g
Vitamin A 82%
Vitamin C 39%
Nutrition facts created using Food Parser
Want more cheap and easy recipes? Stay connected: