Some weeks you don't have time to cook or even eat. This week, I moved to a new apartment and started a new job, so my diet has primarily consisted of cereal, eggs, and fruit.
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato
Peanut butter sweet potato a good food for times like these. It's literally just cooked sweet potato with peanut butter. Microwaving a sweet potato takes about 10 minutes, which is just enough time to devour a banana and cook some eggs.
When you're hungry, you don't want to bother with anything even remotely complicated, so give peanut butter sweet potato a try.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Wash the sweet potato. Stab the sweet potato with a knife.
- Put the sweet potato into a large microwaveable bowl, and add about a centimeter of water.
- Microwave for 8-10 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Carefully remove the sweet potato. Rinse with cool water.
- Add peanut butter, and enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge for a few days.
Peanut butter sweet potato is mostly just a suggestion of how to enjoy ingredients and not quite a recipe.Provided you like these ingredients separately, you'll likely enjoy them together. However, for formality:
- Sweet potato: Required for peanut butter sweet potato. I used a large orange sweet potato. Any sweet potato would work, and cook time may vary.
- Peanut butter: Required for peanut butter sweet potato. I used Jif creamy peanut butter. Any nut butter would work.
Now, if you're feeling much more fancy, you can take the cooked sweet potato and make it into sweet potato flatbread or sweet potato cornbread. Don't do this if you're very hungry - these recipes take more time and effort.If you like the peanut + hard orange vegetable combo, you'll also like curried peanut squash soup.
Step by Step Photos
If you happen to have cooked sweet potato, you can just add peanut butter. Else, you should cook the sweet potato in the microwave because it's the fastest method.
Wash the sweet potato. Stab the sweet potato with a knife. If you don't, steam will build up, and the potato may explode.
Put the sweet potato into a large microwaveable bowl, and add about a centimeter of water. The water prevents the sweet potato from drying out.
Microwave for 8-10 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked. You can check doneness by seeing if you can easily stab the sweet potato with a fork. Larger sweet potatoes take longer to cook - up to 12 minutes.
Consuming molten sweet potato would be very painful. If you're hungry, the hardest part is resisting the urge to devour the sweet potato as soon as it comes out.
Instead, you should carefully remove the sweet potato from the microwave. It'll be very hot. To speed up the cooling process, you can submerge the sweet potato and bowl in some cool water.
When you're done, add peanut butter, and enjoy immediately. Any leftovers keep well in the fridge for a few days. Depending on the size of your sweet potato, it's quite a lot of food.
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Nutrition
|Amount Per Serving|
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.3g
Saturated Fat 3.4g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 29.9g
Dietary Fiber 5.7g
Vitamin A 9%
Vitamin C 62%
Nutrition facts created using Food Parser.
Want more cheap and easy recipes? Stay connected: